Crossing the chasm between strategy and fulfillment. Let’s get to work.
I want to change how you think about strategy. Expect more.
STRATEGY IS CRITICAL
88% of senior executives say executing strategic initiatives successful will be critical for competitiveness
STRATEGY IS NOT UNDERSTOOD
Only 7% of employees fully understand their companies strategies and what’s expected of them
EXECUTION IS A PROBLEM
54% of senior executives say their organizations are not good at executing strategic initiatives
MEANING MATTERS MOST
83% of employees consider meaning in daily work a top priority
NO TIME FOR ACTUAL WORK
Only 30% of “maker time” is available for knowledge workers to do their actual work
FEW ACTIVELY ENGAGED
33% of employees consider themselves engaged in their jobs
The secret to amazing performance is empowering talented people to succeed at meaningful work.
FULFILLING STRATEGY CREATES
Strategy articulated in a compelling way that facilitates understanding.
Employee commitment to the organization and its goals.
WHO’S THIS FOR?
Intentional leaders who want to:
- Significantly improve execution of strategic initiatives
capacityof the organization to do strategic work
- Fuel employee engagement and performance
I’m Adriana McLane, and I created the Fulfilling Strategy platform because I’ve learned in my work as a growth strategist, it’s not enough to help clients create a brilliant growth strategy. My clients are smart, and they know what to do, but execution can be tough.
You have audacious goals to achieve.
My job is to help you create the clarity, capacity, and team engagement essential for fulfilling these big goals.
THE PRINCIPLES OF FULFILLING STRATEGY
Make Strategy Meaningful
Create More Capacity
Make the space and time needed to work on strategic initiatives by aligning priorities and continuously eliminating or revamping activities that create
Measure What Matters
Identify those few key drivers that are essential to achieving the big, strategic goals and implement the right operating rhythm to measure progress and foster a culture of accountability.
HOW IT WORKS
Making Strategy Meaningful
Connection to the organization’s purpose is essential to gaining the employee engagement required for high performance. Strategies should be grounded in an organization’s purpose and translated into meaningful goals for those responsible for their execution.
- Creating Innovative, Customer-Driven Strategy
- Defining a Clear and Compelling Purpose
- Translating Strategy into Meaningful and Actionable Initiatives
How I Can Help
- Facilitating Ideation Sessions
- Strategic Planning Process and Business Model Mapping
- Storifying Your Strategy
- Finding Your Organization’s Why
- Helping Employees Make the Connection Between Strategy and Their Daily Work
Creating More Capacity
Knowledge workers have less than 1/3 of their day available for important work. We must ensure talent has both the time and capability to do the organization’s most meaningful work.
- Prioritizing Strategic Initiatives in Alignment with Organizational Capabilities
- Fueling Meeting Effectiveness Using Meeting for Impact Method
- Developing a “Create Capacity”
Disciplineto Address Activities and Processes That Create Drag
How I Can Help
- Training and Deploying my “Meeting for Impact” Method
- Facilitating “Create Capacity” Work Sessions
- Creating Strategy Waterfalls for Organizational Alignment
- Capability Gap Analysis
- “Habits of How” Training
Measuring What Matters
What gets measured gets done, but too many measurements create noise that drowns out the real drivers. Discover the focus few metrics and actions that truly ignite performance.
- Focusing on Identifying Lead Measures and Creating Dashboards
- Managing Work Utilizing 12-Week Work Plans
- Establishing the Best Operating Rhythm
How I Can Help
- Identifying the Focus Few Measurements Essential to Fulfilling Strategy
- Creating Function and Team Level 12-Week Work Plans Prioritizing and Aligning Strategy
- Developing Strategy Dashboards and the Right Operating Rhythm
LET’S WORK TOGETHER
Lunch & Learn
One-hour presentation overview of Fulfilling Strategy principles or focus session on specific framework element.
Strategic planning, facilitating ideation sessions, and customized Fulfilling Strategy training and implementation.
FROM MY BLOG
Idea In Brief: Perspective changes everything. Kill the Company is a bold approach to generate inventive growth opportunities, uncover blind spots, and fuel engagement in the strategic planning process. Learn how to use this perspective-changing tool to help your...
Idea In Brief: It's so easy for our super important goals to get hijacked by the urgent "now" demands of our day. Mid-year is the perfect time to revisit, re-evaluate, and recommit to those crucial goals. Here are my four-step process and two downloadable templates...
A BIT ABOUT ME
I’ve been fortunate to have worked with great companies while striking a unique balance of strategy and execution projects. I’m inspired and driven by possibilities, yet firmly grounded in assessing current capabilities and understanding the processes needed to bridge the gap between where we are now and where we want to be.
“Adriana is an innovative thinker who is extremely talented at creating strategic visions for the future.”